Five steps or cultures are important to achieving a proper shoe fit in our store. Pain and the fear of pain are motivates most of our customers to want this service. We list them in their order of importance.
- Choosing the right shoe – it is a two category shoe world today: the minimal shoe and the maximum shoe. We will educate you as to what you need: cushioning; support; and the weight.
- Choosing the right socks – thin, medium, thick, and/or padded, your socks should be right for you and the shoe. Our performance sock selection is second to none.
- Choosing the right insert – this is necessary “to complete the fit of the shoe.” We have a great deal of experience and always recommend the right thing to do.
- Choosing the right lace technique – the middle part of the top of your foot features a bony prominence. Creative lacing, with this part of the foot in mind, can prevent numbness on top of the foot, soreness on the bottom of the foot and seat the heel snugly in the back of the shoe.
- Choosing the proper modification(s) to tweak the fit – sometimes we need to raise the heel higher, or wedge the heel, or raise of lower the arch. Whatever modification(s) are necessary, inside the shoe our outside the shoe, we will do the right thing.
We fit everyone professionally. Whether you are: training for a marathon; a diabetic; have neuropathy; swelling; had an accident; suffering from an onset illness; or have just have difficult feet to fit, we always have a solution for you.